Ladies First – Insight and Deals Second Edition
With women receiving very little opportunity in setting up a business or raising capital, this online event (Zoom) is setup to provide some insight into all of the options that they have available.
Here’s how we aim to assist female entrepreneurs over a span of 2 days:
- Funding insight; the keynote speaker, Gillian Muessig, will provide insight on the various options that entrepreneurs have when raising capital. Other than that she will also illustrate key aspects to look out for in the male dominated world of investors. Here’s what you learn:
– Funding options for startups to consider
– Insight and statistics on female entrepreneurship
– Common mistakes and pitfalls that women need to avoid
- Investor readiness workshop and investor discussion panel; the goal is to offer startup founders tips on what to look out for when raising capital during a webinar. Afterwards, a panel of investors will debate all of the mentioned points and give their perspectives and what they pay attention to. Here’s what you learn:
– How to reach out to investors
– All of the needed documentation to raise capital
– Necessary traction to show product/market fit
– Best tips from experts and investors on what is important
- VC Roundtable; with various first-time VC general partners looking to raise capital we’ll discuss certain pitfalls to look out for and discuss these points with more experienced VCs.
Startups can get a look into the struggles that VCs also face. Get tickets and register here.
Here’s what you can learn:
– Common mistakes when approaching LPs
– Needed documentation requirements
– Type of LPs and what is important to them
- Pitch competition; 10 startups will pitch in front of a panel of 5 investors. Submit your startup here.
Want to attend this event? Get tickets and register here.
The criteria for startups that we had in mind, is as follows:
- Location: Europe, Asia, US
- Industry agnostic, as long as the product/service is tech (software)
- Stage; seed, early series A
- Submit your startup here
To help startup teams, we provide them with a 1 hour consultation and the following;
- Consultation to work on the pitch
- Another consultation to do a initial due diligence; we will review your business model, your market size, your team, your financials and potential risks or liabilities in the industry
- ***The costs for this are: €350,- (excluding VAT).
If you’re a startup and would be interested to pitch, please sign up here and we will let you know 2 weeks before the event if you made the list.
Day 1: February 10th
- 17:00 - 18:00
- A look at the funding landscape
- The wonderful and experienced Gillian Muessig will be talking about the various funding options that entrepreneurs can tap into for their business.
- 18:15 - 19:00
- Investor readiness workshop + discussion panel
- After a 30 minute workshop, we will discuss with a panel of 5 investors what is important for startups to consider when raising capital
- 17:00 - 18:00
- VC roundtable: raising capital
- We'll discuss common pitfalls when raising capital that general partners face when raising capital for their fund.
- 18:15 - 20:30
- Pitch competition
- Startups will pitch in front of investors